Monday, August 1, 2016

[insert something catchy here]

Hey everyone! 

I feel bad, but I don't think I have any super great stories for this week. 

Life in the mission is good though! We're looking for more people to teach, and Isaac is still on date to be baptized on August 13th (he switched from the 14th to the 13th) and he's doing great! 

It's kind of scary to be nearing the end of your mission, because you tend to wonder if you've done enough and if you've tried your hardest. But I guess all I can do is do my best for the next few weeks and then hope that it's enough. :) 

My personal opinion is that God loves me, and he's given me this chance to serve a mission. Not because He needs me, because He's pretty almighty, and could do it all Himself if He needed to, but because He loves me enough to give me the opportunity to help, to learn, to grow, to serve. I don't have a ton to offer, but similar to the story in the New Testament with the widow and her two mites, I feel like He's grateful for my two mites as well. 

I had the chance to go to a missionary fireside last night, and sing with the missionaries one last time before I go home. And that was a huge blessing. We have 4 songs that we always sing at the firesides. Battle Hymn of the Republic, Called to Serve, The EFY medley, and Amazing Grace. 

Maybe I'll just mention my favorite lines from each one of these songs. 

-> In the Battle Hymn of the Republic, one of the last things we sing is:
"As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free." 
Because Jesus Christ died for US, we should serve him, and live our lives to help others come unto Christ, which is the only way that they will be free.

-> Called to Serve: This one is just all good. It's one of my favorites because it's Carson's favorite. And that is a good reason to like it. 

-> I feel the spirit very strongly when I sing The EFY medley because we are all missionaries serving our God. And there is one part that we change to say "we are NOW the Lord's missionaries, to bring the world His truth." It's probably one of those things where you have to hear it, but it's powerful. 

-> And my favorite one is Amazing Grace. I just love everything in this one. 

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind but now I see. 

My chains are gone, I've been set free, my God, my Savior, has ransomed me, and like a flood, His mercy reigns,unending love, amazing grace

Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fear relieved. How precious did that grace appear, the hour I first believed. 

My chains are gone, I've been set free, my God, my Savior, has ransomed me, and like a flood, His mercy reigns,unending love, amazing grace.
 
The lord has promised good to me, His word my hope secures, He will my shield and portion be as long as life endures. 

My chains are gone, I've been set free, my God, my Savior, has ransomed me, and like a flood, His mercy reigns,unending love, amazing grace.

I can't pick out my favorite lines from this song because it's all good. 

Jesus Christ is our Savior, and His grace sets us free. 

I love you all! 

Love, Sister Warburton



6 out of 11 of  Kinsey's mission companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment